Easy 10 Minute Chili Recipe
Chili is Good ALL the Time
Whoever invented chili should get an award. Chili is a staple at summer tailgates and church potlucks, but also convenient for meal prepping year around. It’s a dish that can be prepared in bulk with lots of nutrients and calories and can be reheated easily for multiple meals.
If it looks like preparing chili is a long commitment, it’s not. This is a simple and quick recipe to get you started that can feed just you or up to 4 people. And if you have leftovers, this will be one you actually won’t let go to waste in the fridge.
Total cook and prep time: 10-15 mins
Disclosure: When you use our links to buy products, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. This in no way affects our editorial independence. See our advertiser disclosure.
- 2 cups of broth (your choice)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1 can of black beans
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- 8 small grape tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of BBQ sauce
- 2 tablespoons of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon of steak sauce
- 1/2 cup of shredded cheese (your choice)
- Medium to large cooking pot
- Ladle or large mixing spoon
- Cutting board
- Substitute beef for ground bison, elk, or venison
- Add pinto beans or lentils
- Add 1/2 cup of yellow corn or hominy
- Increase the spice level with hot sauce, sriracha, or diced peppers
- Add chopped onions to your preference
- Add zest with cilantro, lemon juice, or orange peel
Warm up and Cook the Meat
- Heat your cooking pot on medium. While the pot warms up, mince 1 or 2 cloves of garlic.
- Drizzle the olive oil into the warm pot and add the garlic. Just barely brown the garlic for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Add in the ground meat, then stir and cook until brown.
Beans and Broth
- Next, add the broth and bring to a low boil.
- Open the cans of beans and drain any liquids before adding to the pot.
- Cut the grape tomatoes in half and mix in with the tomato paste.
- Allow 5 minutes for all the ingredients to cook at medium tempurature.
Sauces and Flavorings
- Now add the BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, steak sauce, and cream cheese.
- Stir until mixed and the ingredients blend into one color.
- Add any optional ingredients you desire, and mix. Such as onions, corn, or other seasonings.
- Allow to cook and stir for 5 more mins on low heat.
- Turn off heat.
- Dish a desired portion into a bowl.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheese and any other topping like cilantro and lemon juice.
Super easy, right? You might want to try the process more than once and figure out what other ingredients you like. Make it your recipe.
If you give this a whirl, comment down below and let us know how you liked it. Also share any new ingredients we can try.
Bonus Step – Quality Meats
The key to really making this dish stand out is getting good meat. The grocery bought ground beef is fine, but to make it really special try something different like Wagyu ground beef or wild game meats. The difference from store bought meat makes it worth it.
There are online shops that will ship frozen meat to your doorstep quickly in coolers. A few online meat suppliers we use and recommend:
Porter Road – get $10 off your first order by joining their email list, and free shipping by spending $125+
The Standard Meat Club – free shipping on orders over $159+
Snake River Farms – get $25 off your first order by joining their email list