Who we are
Our website address is: https://suburbanmancave.com.
Like most website operators, we collect non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Suburban Man Cave’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Suburban Man Cave’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Suburban Man Cave may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Suburban Man Cave also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for logged in users and for users leaving comments on our blogs. Suburban Man Cave only discloses logged in user and commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below, except that blog commenter IP addresses are visible and disclosed to the administrators of the blog where the comment was left.
Gathering of Personally Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Suburban Man Cave’s website choose to interact with Suburban Man Cave in ways that require Suburban Man Cave to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Suburban Man Cave gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who comment on our blog to provide a username and email address. Those who wish to receive Blog Tyrant updates via email, we collect their emails. In each case, Suburban Man Cave collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Suburban Man Cave. Suburban Man Cave does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Protection of Certain Personally Identifying Information
Suburban Man Cave discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Suburban Man Cave’s behalf or to provide services available at Suburban Man Cave’s website, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Suburban Man Cave’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Suburban Man Cave will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Suburban Man Cave discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Suburban Man Cave believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Suburban Man Cave, third parties, or the public at large. If you are a registered user of a Suburban Man Cave website and have supplied your email address, Suburban Man Cave may occasionally send you an email to tell you about news, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Suburban Man Cave and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a contact email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Suburban Man Cave takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us via our contact page to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request via our contact page.
- Amend – You may contact us via our contact page to amend or update your personal information.
- Delete – You may request that we delete your personal data. To do so, please submit a request via our contact page.
We will retain any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
You have the right to submit a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
In the event of entering into a contract with us, we require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Sensitive Personal Information
California Residents Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to disclose the following information with respect to our collection, use, and disclosure of personal information.
- Categories of Personal Information collected: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers; internet or other electronic network activity information; and other information that relates to or is reasonably capable of being associated with you.
- Business or Commercial Purposes for Collecting and Using Data: For each category of personal information we collect, we may use the personal information for the business and commercial purposes of communicating with subscribed users relating to activities or purchases on this website.
- Categories of Sources of Personal Data: Each category of personal information we collect is collected from you and the sources are only information submission forms found on this website.
- Categories of Personal Data Disclosed: In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes: identifiers; and internet and electronic network activity information.
- Categories of Third Parties With Whom We Share Data: We may share each category of personal information that we collect with the third parties – Google, Mailerlite, Hellobar, Subscribers, and WordPress.org.
We describe how California consumers can exercise their rights under the CCPA below. You may also designate an authorized agent to exercise these rights on your behalf by contacting us. Please note at this time the CCPA only applies to California residents.
- Right to Know: You may request access to the specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you in the last 12 months. You may also request additional details about our information practices, including the categories of the personal information we have collected about you, the sources of such collection, the categories of personal information we share for a business or commercial purpose, and the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information.
- Deletion: You may request that we delete the personal information we have collected from or about you. Please note that we may retain certain information as required or permitted by applicable law. If you request to delete your personal information, some of our website features and services may no longer be available to you.
- Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about Personal Information we “sell,” which for the purposes of the CCPA, broadly means scenarios in which we have shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration, and to give you the ability to opt out of such sales. We share information that identifies you personally such as your name or email address when you submit a comment, request information, or otherwise interact with the functions of this website.
Note that in order to opt out of cookie and other device identifier sharing, you will need to exercise this choice on every browser or device you use to access this website, and you will need to renew your choice if you clear your browser settings and cookies.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your consumer rights under CCPA. We will not deny you goods or services, provide you with a different level or quality of goods or services, nor suggest that you may receive a different level or quality of goods or services.
To submit a CCPA request, you can contact us via our contact page. We will send a verification request to the email address provided and confirm the request upon receipt of your response. If you have more than one email address on record with Suburban Man Cave, you will need to submit a separate consumer request for each email address belonging to you.
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us via our contact page and we will promptly remove such information from our records.
Refunds and Returns Policy
Please see – https://suburbanmancave.com/refund_returns/
If Suburban Man Cave, or substantially all of its assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that Suburban Man Cave goes out of business or enters bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Suburban Man Cave may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
Our website uses a remarketing advertising service. Our remarketing service is provided by Google and other companies that show our ads on websites across the Internet. With remarketing you may see ads for our products you have previously looked at. Google will read a cookie that is already in your browser, or they place a cookie in your browser when you visit our website or other websites using remarketing.
Comments and other content submitted to Akismet anti-spam service are not saved on our servers unless they were marked as false positives, in which case we store them long enough to use them to improve the service to avoid future false positives.